Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

Calvin and I just had a wonderful long weekend celebrating Independence Day.

Friday night we enjoyed a baseball game and fireworks with my family. It was perfect weather. Not too hot. We sat in the lawn area of the stadium on blankets. And after a wonderful Mexican dinner I also indulged in a soft pretzel and fresh lemonade. (Seriously, if you're in the Winston-Salem area you have to go to Las Estrellas on Silas Creek Parkway. Its the best Mexican food we've ever had - aside from a few places in California that Calvin keeps near and dear to his heart.)

Saturday Calvin treated me a American Dance Festival performance at DPAC where Pilobolus was performing. It was a great show. I'm so glad we went. They painted beautiful pictures in their pieces that kept me thinking about it on into the next day.

Sunday we really started feeling old when we opted to stay home and watch fireworks on television verses going downtown. Our tv is just too awesome to try to deal with a crowd. And who puts on a better show than D.C., NY, and Boston?

Here are a few pictures from the baseball game:





No comments:

Post a Comment