Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Mommy Car

This weekend Calvin and I upgraded my car from the 2003 Toyota Corolla with 190,000 miles (and lots of dog hair) to a 2007 Kia Rondo with 51,500 miles. I’m very excited to now have a vehicle that is perfect for a car seat plus the dog can still ride in the back.

Believe it or not, I found the exact car I wanted for the right price in Lancaster, South Carolina. It was well worth the 3 hour drive to get it from the small used car dealership that apparently had this particular car in their inventory since November. I am so thankful the dealership waited until a couple weeks ago to list it online. For me, that was a sign that this car was waiting just for us!

In an effort of being honest, while I would like to paint a pretty picture of how easy it was for Calvin and I to decide on what car to buy, find it, and agree with each other all along the way; communication is not always perfect even in good marriages. Looking back with a clear mind, I was a pill to deal with once I got my mind set on what I wanted and how quickly I wanted to have it. But it all worked out very well and ultimately the outcome was exactly what we both hoped for. I am thankful for a wonderful and forgiving husband, for our ability to talk things through even after all is said and done, for the practicality of writing a check to buy a nice car without car payments, and for the abundance that we continue to live in. The Lord has truly provided for us as Calvin goes through the journey of seminary at Duke.

I had actually never heard of the Kia Rondo before a couple weekends ago. Calvin was the one who pointed it out to me. Originally I was set on a small SUV, in particular the Saturn Vue. After a quick test drive I fell in love with the roomy interior, huge windows, cargo storage in the back, huge back doors and easy access to the LATCH car seat hooks. It’s everything I wanted in an SUV without being quite so big. With my online research all the reviews praised its features and practicality, but seemed to get stuck on the overall look or category of the car. I have to admit, wrapping my head around the Rondo was a little hard at first. Consistently dealers as well as consumers could not seem to easily describe what class the Rondo falls into. It’s considered a mini mini-van, some also call it an SUV, others a wagon, and the only blanket category that seems to leave the door open to interpretation is a crossover vehicle. Whatever description you choose, I love vehicle for the specific features that are unique to it.

Below are pictures of the new ride! It’s a 2007 Kia Rondo with 51,500 miles on it. Black with chrome accents, a tan interior, V6 , 17” wheels, sunroof, upgraded audio system, and cargo storage room under the floor in the back. Very practical for a new mommy!





  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment