Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lunch at the Cherry's

This past Saturday I had the most perfect lunch in China Grove visiting my best friend from childhood, Ashley Cherry. She and I got together with both of our mothers for a quiet lunch of pasta salad, fruit, and chicken salad croissants. (plus chocolate chess pie!) With everyone bringing one small item it made for an easy and delicious lunch all around.

I think everyone knows what it's like to be blessed with friends like this. We haven't seen or really spoken with each other in 2 years other than the general e-mail updates with pictures of her sweet little boy Nick. However showing up at her house on Saturday was like we were catching up from a visit just a few months ago. And Ashley's two year old son is such a charmer! It's amazing the power a small child has to make adults feel at ease and loved just by crawling into their laps or asking to be held.

Ashley, thank you for such a yummy, easy and relaxing lunch. I feel so blessed for us to continue this friendship that started as soon as I was born. You and your mother always help me stop to remember the wonderful memories of sleep overs, hermit crab racing, roller skating in the garage, playing with the playhouse in your back yard, watching your dad trim the elephant bush, eating blackberries, and running down the street as often as I could to ask if "Ashley could come out and play". Just writing this list of highlights brings so many specific stories to mind, and all of them were good times together. I hope it won't be so long next time before we see each other again!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to have you and your mom at the house for lunch! Nick loves to meet new people and he really took to the both of you:)I hope we can get together again soon...we definitely can't wait 2 years to do it again!! CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant. You are going to be a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete