Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

My Little Strawberry

This year I was so excited to dress Kathleen up and participate in Halloween that we found three different events to take Kathleen to in her Strawberry outfit. Fuquay Varina United Methodist Church Trunk or Treat & Fair Trade store, Highland United Methodist Church's Trunk or Treat and Halloween night we headed to Mebane to celebrate with the Miller and Doi families. The Trunk or Treat events were so much fun and I could not believe the crowds. It made me very excited for the elementary school age where getting to run around in a parking lot, getting candy and playing games is literally the jackpot of fall nights. And my dear friend Katie Miller taught me how to throw a proper Halloween party for neighborhood kids with ease. She had apples on a stick ready for dipping into camel and sprinkles for the kids. Roasted pumpkin seeds and okra chips to snack on. Chili, salad, cornbread for dinner. And hot apple cider. Can you think of anything else you need before going trick or treating? Oh yeah, one last perfect touch. Glow sticks to keep track of the clan in the dark. I hope to mimic this  party for years to come.



 


Mommy is dressed as "someone you can count on"!




No comments:

Post a Comment