Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Love is in the details

Love is in the details - This is the only saying I can think of when trying to describe the well put together baby shower that my best friends Brandy and Lucia threw for me this past Saturday. When thinking about all that they did for this event, and all that they've been for me over the years, "my cup overfloweth."

Following are a few pictures from the afternoon. They had all my favorite treats including Lucia's famous barbecue chicken dip, baked brie, strawberries + pineapple with fruit dip, sparkling pink lemonade and Carolina Cake Delivery brownies. I loved being able to see all my best friends together. Really you can't feel anything but love when your in a room surrounded by people who have gathered just to show their support for you. 

They also had a great, non intrusive, baby shower game for us. Everyone wrote cute sayings on post-it notes like "Remember you asked for this!" and stuck them to individual diapers in a canvas bin. So when Calvin and I are dealing with a messy one in a few months we'll have something to laugh at as we pull the diaper from the bin. 


The vase in the middle of the table is birch wood with Kathleen's Monogram in the center.

Sparkling Pink Lemonade with real drink glasses and plates. They hand washed all of these after the shower!

Lucia's graphic artist talents come in handy with any event that she's involved in. 


The gifts were all so generous and thoughtful. Hidden in those bags are all of our cloth diapers, my diaper bag, all of Kathleen's bottles, the luxury version of a baby Bjorn carrier, wipes and diapers to last the first month at least, and the most beautiful newborn cream tutu with headbands for Kathleen's newborn pictures. 

This wonderful ribbon banner was also accompanied by the one over the drinks. I have some great ideas on how to use these in the future for pictures with Kathleen. Each circle is made of at least 5-6 layers of cut paper for the design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment