Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Showered with Love

On Saturday March 12th I was blessed to have a wonderful baby shower at my mother's home given by Brandy, my sister-in-law, and my two aunts. There's really nothing better than being in a room surrounded by people that you love who are there because they love you. Kathleen was showered with gifts ranging from her swing and bouncy seat to her car seat stroller, baby bath tub, boppy pillow, bumbo seat, clothes, blankets, and baby necessities. There were many thoughtful and meaningful gifts given.

My Aunt Sissy created the beautiful invitations and made this gorgeous fruit tree and bouquet. Aunt Patty pulled out her specialty mints and sherbet punch upon my request. Brandy Stockert was responsible for everything else including the best shower cake in the whole world from a hometown favorite bakery named Ketchie Creek, she made the most delicious bruschetta just because she new it was my favorite, and then on top of everything else she and Jason gave Kathleen her pack n' play! My brother also made the diaper cake complete with pink ribbon!! Really how could you make a diaper cake any more meaningful than having 1. your bother make it, and 2. a special hidden bottle of wine inside to celebrate with once the baby comes. Brandy Jones gave Kathleen the most beautiful dress that I'm hoping she can wear as we visit all our church buddies across the triangle. Sue gave Kathleen what will be her going home outfit from the hospital. It's a stylish baby gap sleeper with a kimono diagonal zipper and ruffles on the back. My cousin Michelle got Kathleen off to a great start with a UNC Cheerleading outfit. And I can't leave out the fact that my mother and Grandma "Kat" passed down my christening dress for Kathleen. This was a dress that grandma purchased for me as a gift when I was a baby. Really the list here is just the tip of the iceberg of gifts that packed out the Rondo for the trip home. 

I am so thankful for everything we were given including the love and support that only close family and friends can provide. Calvin and I are definitely much closer to being ready for Kathleen to come now than we ever expected. Below are some pictures for most of what was described above.

30 Weeks!

The birds match Kathleen's Mobile

They sent me home with all the leftovers :)

Delicious, Delicious Mints

Sherbet Punch

Jason's Diaper Cake

Grandma Pam and Grandma Kat - Kathleen is named after Grandma "Kat"

Brandy Stockert is my wonderful sister-in-law who put all this together

The christening dress and me vowing not to cry

No comments:

Post a Comment