Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A moment to cherish

This Sunday morning a member of Spring Valley UMC, Sherry, took over the pulpit and delivered a message worth remembering at both churches. How to pay attention and be aware of God in daily living. This particular Sunday I covered nursery at Gillburg and listened to the sermon via speakers. Then when we got to Spring Valley, Kathleen was pretty tired and cried wanting me to stay with her in the fellowship hall. I was happy to do so since most of my Mommy time with Kathleen is on the weekends and it's silly to have her cry missing me just so I can sit in worship.

Kathleen and I were on the floor quietly cuddling, coloring, and playing with stickers when all of a sudden Kathleen looked up at me and out of no where and said, "You're the best Mommy I've ever seen." I said, "Thank you baby," fought back the tears, and squeezed my sweet little girl a little tighter. Then I asked her to tell Mommy what she just said again... and she did. :) Got to take it where you can get it. I'll hold that snapshot of us there together in my head as long as I can. The way we were sitting together was very similar to the picnic picture at the top of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with her!!! What a beautiful story, Rebecca. It makes me so excited for our sweet girl to start telling us what is on her mind!

    ReplyDelete